As part of its mission to protect children from abuse and neglect, in partnership with families and communities, DCF has appointed a Statewide Disability Coordinator and Regional Disability Liaisons to support the Department’s work with parents and caregivers with disabilities.
- When a parent believes they have not received reasonable accommodations they requested, or that DCF has violated the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), they can make a complaint to the Disability Coordinator or one of the Regional Disability Liaisons. The Disability Coordinator and Regional Disability Liaison will review and discuss the concerns with the Area Office and the parent, as needed, in an effort to reach a resolution.
- If calling outside of regular business hours, please leave a detailed message letting us know how we can help you, what your preferred contact method is, and any specific instructions that might be necessary.
- DCF values our parents who are Deaf and hard of hearing. In order to serve you most effectively, please use your preferred communication option; Video Relay Service, the Massachusetts Telecommunications relay system at 711, or the phone number to the right.
DCF Disability Liaisons
Statewide Disability Coordinator: Julia Bell Andrus, First Deputy General Counsel
Regional Disability Liaisons:
- Melanie Capwell, Deputy Regional Counsel, Boston Region
- Matthew Mitchell, Deputy Regional Counsel, Northern Region
- Ian Prescott, Deputy Regional Counsel, Southern Region
- Andrew Blefeld, Deputy Regional Counsel, Western Region
- Jodi Rich, Deputy Regional Counsel, Central Region
You can reach any of the above contacts via email ;DCF.Disability.Coordinator@mass.gov or phone @ (617) 748-2020