The environmental review team requests that all applicants submit paperwork electronically for our fisheries environmental review comment. This means all copies of NOIs, MEPA documents, DEP ch91 and 401 applications, and ACOE filings.
Please email files for North projects (Hull to NH Border) to DMF.ENVReviewemail@example.com. Please email files for South projects from (Cohasset to the RI Border), DMF.ENVReviewfirstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions please contact Kate Frew at Kate.Frew@mass.gov.
Technical Environmental Review Program
DMF's Technical Environmental Review Program serves to protect the marine fisheries resources of the Commonwealth.
There are 7 categories of projects and activities that are generally reviewed by the program:
- Docks & piers
- Dredging and dredge material disposal
- Fill projects - revetments, bulkheads, ramps, highway projects
- Beach nourishment
- Harbor development and wastewater planning
- Cables and pipelines
- Renewable energy - wind mills, tidal power
DMF biologists work with state, federal, and local agencies to:
- Review project proposals
- Design directed surveys
- Provide technical assistance
- Submit formal recommendations for the avoidance, minimization, and mitigation of impacts
- Avoid and minimize impacts through project modifications, sequencing, and time of year
- Recommend options for compensatory mitigation or habitat restoration for unavoidable impacts
Request a review of your project
To request a review of your project, contact one of our area biologists.
North Shore biologists - North of Cohasset (including Hull and Hingham)
- Kate Frew - Phone: (978) 491-6247; Email: email@example.com
- Forest Schenck, PhD - Phone: (978) 491-6253; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
South Shore biologists - Cohasset and south (including Cape Cod and the Islands)
Cape Cod Dredging Recommendations: For digital files in ArcGIS, please contact Dr. John Logan at email@example.com or (508) 742-9722.