Log in links for this page

Special permits & other forms for commercial fishing

You need a special permit for some activities, including scientific collection and shellfish aquaculture.

Special permits

You must have a special permit for:

  • Scientific collection
  • Shellfish aquaculture and propagation
  • Contaminated shellfish harvest
  • Non-commercial harvest of lobster

See the DMF Special Permit Application for information on the types of special permits required. You must have Letter of Authorization (LOA) from DMF to harvest green crabs. An application can be found here. Please contact George Davis for a LOA or more information (978-491-6256 or george.davis@mass.gov).

Additional Resources

Endorsement notices & affidavits

Striped Bass control notice (English, PDF 67.67 KB)

Dogfish control notice (English, PDF 67.57 KB)

Sea Urchin fishery affidavit (English, PDF 26.9 KB)

Shellfish harvesting, handling, and transporting affidavit (English, PDF 258.21 KB)

Other forms

Form ST-12: Exempt Use Certificate (English, PDF 87.11 KB)

Employee shellfish transaction card application (English, PDF 180.78 KB)

Refund request form (English, PDF 75.35 KB)

Vessel Replacement Form (English, PDF 183.58 KB)

Contact   for Special permits & other forms for commercial fishing

Help Us Improve Mass.gov  with your feedback

Please do not include personal or contact information.