The Massachusetts Office of Coastal Zone Management (CZM) is responsible for implementing the Federal Consistency Review process in Massachusetts, as specified in the Massachusetts Code of Regulations below.
Please note: The following copies of the regulations are provided for informational purposes only. The official version of the Code of Massachusetts Regulations (CMR) is available from the State Bookstore. If you have any questions, contact the Massachusetts Office of Coastal Zone Management (CZM) Project Review Coordinator at (617) 626-1232 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Regulations
- 301 CMR 20.00: Coastal Zone Management Program (PDF, 355 KB)
- 301 CMR 21.00: Coastal Zone Management Program Federal Consistency Review Procedures - Repealed August 2013; relevant sections of 301 CMR 21 were revised and merged into 301 CMR 20.00 (see above bullet)
- 301 CMR 22.00: Coastal Facilities Improvement Program and Harbor Planning Program - Rescinded March 2017
- 301 CMR 23.00: Review and Approval of Municipal Harbor Plans (PDF, 118 KB)
- 301 CMR 25.00: Designation of Port Areas (PDF, 87 KB)
- 301 CMR 26.00: Coastal Pollutant Remediation Program (PDF, 69 KB)
- 301 CMR 27.00: Ocean Sanctuaries (PDF, 112 KB)
- 301 CMR 28:00: Ocean Management Plan (PDF, 103 KB)
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) Federal Consistency Rules (PDF, 928 KB) are the federal regulations promulgated at 15 CFR 930 et seq., which govern federal consistency for approved coastal management programs.