General websites recommended by Mass WIC for pregnancy, infant nutrition & breastfeeding information
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
The world’s largest organization of food and nutrition professionals. This website offers many nutrition resources from what to eat while pregnant to snack ideas for your toddler.
- Healthy Children
This website, managed by the American Academy of Pediatrics, includes a wide variety of topic areas that will help answer all of your family’s health and nutrition questions.
- Journey Recovery Project
Resources for pregnant and parenting women who have questions or concerns about opioid and other substance use.
- Lactation Education Resources
Lactation Education Resources is an online lactation training and education materials website with over 50 handouts on breastfeeding. Additional translated materials include Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, Vietnamese and Polish.
- Office on Women’s Health
The Office on Women’s Health aims to improve the health of all women. They work collaboratively with other agencies and partners by focusing on emerging health priorities that meet the needs of women and girls.
- Ready Set Baby
A guide to welcoming your new baby including breastfeeding basics, birth, the first hours, going home and returning to work or school.
- Stanford Medicine — Getting Started with Breastfeeding
Getting started with breastfeeding doesn’t always come easily. Stanford Medicine offers resources and videos to help you with your breastfeeding journey.
- WIC Breastfeeding Support
Breastfeeding is a journey. There are ups and downs and feelings of accomplishment and frustration. WIC is there to help every step of the way, no matter what stage of the breastfeeding journey you’re in.
Popular pregnancy topics
- Before Birth
- Body Changes and Discomforts
- Brushing for Two: How Oral Health Affects Your Baby
- Fish During Pregnancy: What is Safe to Eat?
- Having Twins? How to Stay Healthy
- Healthy Weight During Pregnancy
- Importance of Physical Activity During Pregnancy
- Making Home Safe for Baby
- Nutrition and Exercise During Pregnancy
- Planning for Your Delivery
- Stages of Pregnancy
- The Best Foods to Eat During Pregnancy
- Your Quick Guide to Pregnancy (PDF) | (DOC)
Popular infant nutrition topics
- All About Infant Nutrition
- Coping with a New Baby During Covid-19
- Do’s and Don’ts for Baby’s First Foods
- Food Allergies
- Heavy Metals in Baby Food
- How Often and How Much Should Your Baby Eat?
- Infant Constipation
- Introducing New Flavors to Babies
- Is Your Baby Sensitive to Food?
- Is Your Baby Hungry or Full? Responsive Feeding
- Making Baby Food
- Practical Bottle-Feeding Tips
- Reflux in Babies and Toddlers
- Safe Sleep for Parents and Caregivers
- Sample Menu for an 8- to 12-Month-Old
- Sample Menu for a 1- to 2-Year-Old
- The First Month: Feeding and Nutrition
- When Can I Start Giving My Baby Peanut Butter?
- Why Babies Spit Up
Popular breastfeeding topics
- Importance of Food Variety (0:57)
- Oral Health for Infants (0:30)
- Breastfeeding (1:30)
- Getting to Know Your Baby (16:41)
- Hand Expression of Breastmilk (7:33)
- Maximizing Milk Production (9:24)
- Mom’s Emotional Wellbeing & Breastfeeding (3:09)
- Overcoming Pain While Breastfeeding (2:30)