This legislation established the following monthly reporting requirements regarding filings, actions, and dispositions of summary process (eviction) cases during the COVID-19 pandemic emergency:
- The number of actions for summary process entered and filed with each court having jurisdiction over an action for summary process.
- The number of default judgments entered, delineated by the reason for the summary process filing.
- The number of execution for possessions orders granted, delineated by the reason for the summary process filing.
- The number of continuances requested and granted due to pending applications for short-term emergency rental assistance.
- The number of stays issued due to pending applications for short-term emergency rental assistance.
- The average length of a continuance and stay granted.
- The number of stays requested, granted or denied.
- The number of landlords and tenants participating in pre-trial mediation, and to the extent practicable, the outcome of each mediation, the number of landlords and tenants, receiving legal representation and legal services through on-site court diversion and support resources.
- Other relevant information pertaining to the eviction diversion initiative as the Trial Court may decide.
These reports provide the House and Senate Committees on Ways and Means, Joint Committee on Housing, and Joint Committee on the Judiciary with the information required to support the implementation of the provisions of Chapter 257 of the Acts of 2020.