Accepting Applications: March 15 through April 23, 2021
Lottery Drawing: April 30, 2021
2021 Mooring Season: May 9 - November 13, 2021
Questions regarding the 2021 Charles River Basin Mooring Program and Lottery shall be directed to the DCR at (617) 727-5290 ext. 506 or via email at email@example.com.
Payment remittance, completed applications, and copy of current boat registration shall be sent to:
Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation
Attention: Charles River Basin Mooring Program
165 Day Blvd
South Boston, MA 02127
PUBLIC NOTICE TO ALL PERSONS WISHING TO OBTAIN BOAT MOORING
PERMITS FOR THE CHARLES RIVER BASIN
April 23, 2021 is the deadline to submit applications for the April 30th, 2021 lottery of forty (40) public moorings available in the Charles River Basin between the First Street Landing and Poorman’s Landing. A $6.00 per foot fee will be charged to boat owners for the season which runs from May 9, 2021 through November 13, 2021. This fee must be paid as a money order or bank certified check made payable to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and is due with the submittal of a lottery application. Mooring permits will not be issued until payment is received in full. Please note: Candidates will be notified by email within ten days after the lottery as to the status of their application.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED
1. A copy of a valid and current Massachusetts boat registration for the boat to be moored on the Charles River must be submitted with the application or the application will be rejected; NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. A valid copy Certificate of Insurance listing the boat information is required. (new this year)
3. The maximum boat length is 35 feet. Only the boat registered to the mooring will be allowed to use that mooring.
4. Only pleasure boats will be permitted at this site. No commercial or boats for hire are allowed.
5. The applicant must supply the mooring and all other necessary equipment at his or her own expense. Moorings must meet United States Coast Guard specifications
6. Each mooring must consist of a mushroom anchor with a chain capable of holding the boat in place under adverse weather conditions. Boat owners must provide an 18” to 20” fiberglass mooring ball on which a number can be permanently affixed. This mooring ball is to be used at all times.