2022 Charles River Basin Mooring Program Schedule
Accepting Applications: MARCH 14th through APRIL 22nd, 2022
Lottery Drawing: April 29th, 2022
2022 Mooring Season: MAY 8th - NOVEMBER 12th, 2022 2022
Questions regarding the 2022 Charles River Basin Mooring Program and Lottery shall be directed to the DCR at (617) 727-5290 ext. 506 or via email at email@example.com.
Completed applications, copies of current boat registration and boat insurance shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation
Attention: Charles River Basin Mooring Program
165 Day Blvd
South Boston, MA 02127
Please note that we have moved to an online payment system this year.
PUBLIC NOTICE TO ALL PERSONS WISHING TO OBTAIN BOAT MOORING PERMITS FOR THE CHARLES RIVER BASIN
April 22, 2022 is the deadline to submit applications for the April 29th, 2022 lottery of forty (40) public moorings available in the Charles River Basin between the First Street Landing and Poorman’s Landing. A $6.00 per foot fee will be charged to boat owners for the season which runs from May 8, 2022 through November 12, 2022. This fee must be paid via our online payment system once mooring confirmation has been awarded. Once a mooring has been confirmed the participant can pay online and a permit will be issued. Please note: Candidates will be notified by email within ten days after the lottery as to the status of their application.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED
1. A copy of a valid and current Massachusetts boat registration for the boat to be moored on the Charles River must be submitted with the application or the application will be rejected; NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. A valid copy Certificate of Insurance listing the boat information is required.
3. The maximum boat length is 35 feet. Only the boat registered to the mooring will be allowed to use that mooring.
4. Only pleasure boats will be permitted at this site. No commercial or boats for hire are allowed.
5. The applicant must supply the mooring and all other necessary equipment at his or her own expense. Moorings must meet United States Coast Guard specifications.
6. Each mooring must consist of a mushroom anchor with a chain capable of holding the boat in place under adverse weather conditions. Boat owners must provide an 18” to 20” fiberglass mooring ball on which a number can be permanently affixed. This mooring ball is to be used at all times.
7. All moorings must be installed and removed at the owner’s expense no later than November 12th, 2022. Future mooring permits will be refused to any permit holder failing to remove moorings by this date.
8. The DCR has made reasonable attempts to develop specifications believed to be proper. They are not a guarantee or assurance of a safe mooring. The ultimate responsibility and liability rests on the individual boat owner for damage sustained due to use, inclement weather, and other factors beyond DCR’s control. The DCR will not be liable for property damage or personal injury or death sustained as a result of any incident resulting from the operation and use of this permit. Prior to permit issuance, permittee will be required to sign a waiver.