Pittsfield RMV Service Center
Details of Pittsfield RMV Service Center
Overview of Pittsfield RMV Service Center
• Customers are strongly encouraged to go online to schedule available in-person appointments for this location. Customers, if needed, are welcome to conduct walk-in transactions during early morning or late afternoon hours, but are advised they will be served after customers with prescheduled in-person appointments. Customers without appointments may have to either wait until assistance can be offered or return to a center on another date. A scheduled appointment will save time and provide flexibility and convenience.
• This location offers Business to Business (B2B) transactions.
Hours for Pittsfield RMV Service Center
Monday - Friday:
9:00 am-5:00 pm
Parking at Pittsfield RMV Service Center
The Pittsfield RMV Service Center offers on-site parking.
Services at Pittsfield RMV Service Center
- Certain driver's license, vehicle registration and title transactions, suspension payments, and learner's permit testing
- Road tests scheduled between 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Learner's permit tests for Class D or M offered 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Learner's permit tests for Class A, B, or C offered 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- E-ZPass MA Transponders available at this location
Due to the agency’s ongoing COVID-19 (coronavirus) response, suspension hearings will be conducted by telephone. However, you must report to a designated RMV Service Center to begin this process. Bring all necessary documents with you to your hearing. Check what documentation you'll need for your hearing, as it varies depending on the type of suspension.
- Upon arrival, you will be provided a Hearing Application form for completion.
- Make sure your application has been fully completed and all copied documents added. The RMV does NOT provide copy service, so ensure that you have made copies for yourself.
- The RMV representative shall collect and retain your application and documents. You then exit the building.
- A Hearing Officer will receive the supplied application and review it in advance of your telephonic hearing.
- You do not need to be on RMV property for the telephonic hearing
B2B locations process bulk transactions for auto dealers and insurance agents, including new registration and titles, registration transfers and renewals, address changes, and cancellations. This B2B location will have a designated area for runners, agents, and dealers to drop off their work for processing and also a designated pick up area.
- Daily drop hours - 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
- Up to 25 items can be dropped with pick up the next business day, after 2PM
- 25-100 items can be dropped with pick up on the 2nd full business day, after 2PM
- 100+ items can be dropped with pick up on the 3rd full business day, after 2PM
- Daily pick up hours - 2:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Accessibility at Pittsfield RMV Service Center
The Pittsfield RMV Service Center has accessible parking. It is also located near several local bus lines and the Pittsfield Amtrak terminal.
More info for Pittsfield RMV Service Center
Credit and debit cards, cash, check, and money orders accepted for all transactions.
Make checks payable to MassDOT.