- Executive Office of the Trial Court
Trial Court leaders discussed plans for the safe, gradual reopening of courthouses to the public that will begin on July 13 in a virtual, live-streamed meeting held July 1st for Massachusetts Bar members.
Chief Justice Paula Carey and Court Administrator Jon Williams were joined by Trial Court Department Chief Justices in an hour-long forum on the measures in place to ensure the safe reopening of courts and the efforts and initiatives underway to ensure the delivery of justice. The meeting covered general information including:
- Overview of Court Department Standing Orders
- Reopening Timeline & Court Practices
- Environmental Controls & Entry Screening at Courthouses
- Access to Clerks and Registers Offices
- Continuance of virtual hearings & remote processing, wherever possible
- Questions & Answers
Questions submitted by Bar members before the meeting are being compiled and responses of general interest will be posted here.