- Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program
- Bureau of Environmental Health
- On February 1st, 2023, Shop Me Ca of Herndon, VA announced a voluntary recall of its 10-gram tubes of “Diep Bao Cream” because they have the potential to be contaminated with lead.
- Diep Bao Cream was sold nationwide through Shop Me Ca’s Facebook page and a Vietnamese Moms’ Facebook groups: Hội Mẹ Việt Nuôi con Tại Mỹ, Mẹ Việt Tại Mỹ, Chuyên Đồ Bầu và Chăm Sóc Sau Sinh, and Nguyễn Ngọc.
- Customers who have purchased 10-gram tubes of “Diep Bao Cream” should immediately discontinue use of the product and dispose of it immediately.
- The Massachusetts Department of Public Health is currently investigating a poisoned child case where Diep Bao Cream was identified as a potential exposure source.
- Children are particularly vulnerable to lead exposure. Lead in children can harm their brain, kidneys, and nervous system, slow growth and development, make it hard to learn, damage hearing and speech and cause behavior problems.
- A blood lead test is the only way to know if you or your child have been exposed to lead. Talk to your doctor about getting tested.
For more information about the recall visit, www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts/shop-me-ca-recalls-diep-bao-cream-because-possible-health-risk