- Division of Fisheries and Wildlife
- MassWildlife's Natural Heritage & Endangered Species Program
Giving Tuesday is the international day of giving on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving. It signifies the beginning of the charitable season as people focus on the holidays and how they can give back to their communities. This year, Giving Tuesday falls on November 27.
Get into the spirit of the season by supporting our Natural Heritage and Endangered Species Program on Giving Tuesday and throughout the year! The Program works to conserve species protected by the Massachusetts Endangered Species Act. This happens through field surveys and research, regulations, habitat management, land protection, and education. The entire Program’s work is funded by grants and donations from supporters like you.
You can get involved in a few different ways:
- donate to our Natural Heritage and Endangered Species Program online through MassFishHunt
- let us know what rare species you encounter through our Vernal Pool and Rare Species Information System
- tell us about the animals you see on the side of the road through our Linking Landscapes portal
- tag us on Facebook and Instagram with your questions about wildlife and plants in Massachusetts
Getting involved in any of these ways helps us know that you support our Natural Heritage and Endangered Species Program. Without your support, we would not be able to continue our conservation work for the animals and plants—like the bald eagle, northern red-bellied cooter, and showy lady’s-slipper orchid—that need our help. You can learn more about our work here: mass.gov/nhesp.