May 16– 21 - 6th Massachusetts Farm & Sea to School Conference - Conference will feature both virtual sessions and in-person field trips. This year’s theme is Seeding the Future, and is centered on youth leadership and empowerment in farm to school. The workshops will touch upon a wide variety of farm to school themes, such as, food systems education, student voice in school meals, youth-led programming, school garden tours, and racial equity in the food system. All events will be free of charge. Learn more & register here.
- May 18 - Spotted lanternfly in Massachusetts: Quarterly Update - 10am - virtual - Quarterly series of webinars, hosted by MDAR, to provide the green industry, environmental groups, and other interested parties with the latest information about spotted lanternfly occurrences, survey updates, and more. 1 MA pesticide license credit available. Register here.
- May 19 - CISA's SNAP Training for Farm Employees - 10-11am - Does your farm stand or farmers' market accept SNAP? Make sure your staff are ready to accept SNAP this summer by having them attend either of these SNAP employee trainings. This training is for employees who will be processing SNAP transactions and is open to all staff of farm businesses that accept SNAP. Employees will learn SNAP basics including what EBT cards look like, what items are SNAP eligible, and how to run a SNAP transaction. Attendees will come away knowing how SNAP works and how to run a transaction successfully and legally on Conduent and TotilPay machines. Register here.
- June 11 - Honey Bee Education Days at State Apiary – In-person - 10am - 12pm. Summer Management – held at MA Beekeepers Association Annual Field Day, Amherst location only. Join the Bee Team from MDAR's Apiary Program to get a tour of live working honey bee colonies, hands-on demonstrations of colony management techniques, and exposure to the latest knowledge on how to best sustain honey bee health in the Commonwealth. Details here.
- June 10-12 - 2022 Summer Fancy Food Show Javits Center, New York City - 10-4pm - Details here.
- June 22 & 23 - Successful Food Product Development for New Food Businesses Virtual Course - Learn about Successful Food Product Development for New Food Businesses: Managing Food Quality & Safety in this virtual course. Details here.
- July 14 – Online Crop Production Course - For those interested in digging deeper into the enthralling world of sustainable agriculture, New Entry Sustainable Farming Project is offering this 8-week Crop Production Course meeting online on Thursday evenings. The course will include an abundance of resources and activities to help learners increase their ability to work with nature to grow good food, and it will cover topics including: fostering soil health, greenhouse management, irrigation, nutrient management, cover cropping, pest and disease management, and more! Details here.