For this 2021-2022 Snow & Ice season
- This season there will be two (2) compliance deadlines instead of three (3). October 8th, 2021 will be the paperwork deadline, including vehicle registrations. Note that picture submissions will only be necessary for new or modified equipment. November 6th, 2021 will be the deadline for Equipment Inspections and Calibrations. Please see the Snow & Ice Control Agreement for details.
- Vendors will be receiving a 5% rate increase for their base vehicle hourly rates(Applicable to Class Codes 10000 - 130000, 460000, 470000, 500000 and 510000). Front End Loaders in the 100000, 110000 and 120000 Class Codes will also receive a $20/hour add-on for work performed, as directed by MassDOT, on roadways via new Accessory Code 70. The largest loaders (Class Code 130000, which are restricted to roadway only use) were given a $20/hour increase on top of the 5% rate increase, and will now be paid a base hourly rate of $170.59.
- Subject to change, and due to restrictions preventing us from allowing Vendors to walk-in Vendor Agreement paperwork to District Headquarters, we are planning on accepting paperwork submissions only by email and paper-based mail-ins, as described in Attachment H. Furthermore, payment invoices will be emailed to vendors and then presumptively approved as described in Attachment H. If you have not provided a valid email address to the MassDOT Snow & Ice program, it is imperative that you do so prior to the 2021-2022 season.
- Vendors operating equipment which dispenses liquid deicers shall supply their own related safety equipment, including impermeable gloves and eye protection. This change is necessary to prevent possible person-to-person infection transmission from shared gloves and eye protection.
- District 3 Snow & Ice has a new phone number: (857) 368-3000; Ask the receptionist for Snow & Ice.
- Minor edits were made to this year's Vendor Agreement. If you would like to request a copy with the edits visible, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online portal for 2021-2022 Snow & Ice season
At MassDOT's discretion, Vendors may be requested to utilize an online portal for uploading required information, submitting documentation, correspondence and invoicing. You will be advised and guided through the process prior to the 2021-2022 Snow & Ice season. This paperless system streamlines the document submission process. Once the paperless online portal is activated, Vendors who choose not to submit required documents online may be ineligible for Early Sign-Up and Extended Season bonuses. If you have not provided a valid email address to the MassDOT Snow & Ice program, you must do so to participate in the online paperwork submission process.