Department of Mental Health Regulations Disclaimer
The Department of Mental Health maintains this content to provide greater public access to the regulations. While every effort is made to ensure that the regulations included on this site are accurate and up-to-date, they are unofficial and for informational purposes only. It is possible that discrepancies may exist between the regulations contained in this site, and the official regulations on file at the Code of Massachusetts Regulations and the Massachusetts Register maintained by the Secretary of State of the Commonwealth. In the event of any such discrepancy, including the differences pertaining to effective dates, the regulations on file with the Secretary of State are controlling. The official regulations may be obtained at the State Bookstore, Room 116, Boston , MA 02133 by calling (617) 727-2831.
- Authority, Vision, Mission, Definitions and Computation of Time
- Organizational Structure and Citizen Participation
- Licensing and Operational Standards for Mental Health Facilities
- Licensing and Operational Standards for Community Services
- Application for DMH Services, Referral, Service Planning and Appeals
- Fiscal Administration
- Human Subject Research Authorization and Monitoring
- Investigation and Reporting Responsibilities
- Designation and Appointment of Qualified Mental Health Professionals
104 CMR 34
- Repealed October 24, 2014. See 101 CMR 15 : Criminal Offender Record Checks
DMH Licensing Division
Inpatient/IRTP Licensing Division
The Licensing Division of the Massachusetts Department of Mental Health licenses and monitors all acute private and general hospitals with inpatient psychiatric units in the Commonwealth of MA. The Division also licenses and monitors the Intensive Residential Treatment Programs (IRTPs) for adolescents throughout the state.
Community Licensing Division
A program license is required for any program not operated or contracted for by the Department which operates a residential site and is organized primarily to provide treatment, rehabilitation, support and supervision for mentally ill persons.