All Bar Docket cases filed in the Clerk's Office of Supreme Judicial Court for the County of Suffolk after January 1, 2016 are electronically filed by the Office of Bar Counsel/Board of Bar Overseers. Lawyer's representing respondent/attorney, are strongly encouraged to electronically file any response or further pleadings.
The following information has been prepared by the Clerk's Office to provide basic information to guide you through the registration process for electronically filing. Please read the information carefully to avoid errors that could prevent you from electronically filing. Electronic filing is not mandatory, and the Clerk's office will accept paper filings. Impounded documents cannot be electronically filed.
- You have to register for e-fileMA here: https://efilema.tylerhost.net/ofsweb. The registration page has a variety of helpful resources and information about how to use the service.
- You do not have to file a paper copy once you have e-filed your document.
- Include a certificate of service with your e-filed document.
- Redact any personal identifying and confidential data.
- Enter the correct Bar Docket number and select from the drop down the correct document you wish to electronically file.
- Cover letters are not necessary and should not be included as part of your response/pleading.
- Be certain to select the Clerk's Office of the Supreme Judicial Court-Suffolk from the e-filing location drop down.
- Any limited guidance contact the Clerk's Office of the Supreme Judicial Court for the County of Suffolk at 617-557-1100.