- Ability to encourage active, honest discussion among the people attending a case review.
- Ability to help reach consensus on, and when necessary to mediate a resolution to, difficult interpersonal conflicts.
- Ability to make fair and objective decisions.
- Strong interest in and commitment to the welfare of children and their families.
- Awareness of culturally sensitive issues.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Available to participate in at least one case review per month. Reviews are usually held between 9:00 A.M. and 5:00 P.M. at local DCF area offices. Each review lasts up to 90 minutes (approximately).
- Participate in pre-service training provided by the Foster Care Review Unit.
- One year commitment