Core principles of the guidelines
There are seven principles that should serve as a guide in understanding and implementing the Guidelines for Preschool Learning Experiences:
- All young children are capable of learning.
- Children show individual differences in development.
- Knowledge of child growth and development is essential for program development and implementation.
- Children’s language skills are the best predictors of academic success.
- Developmental domains are highly interrelated.
- Young children learn by doing.
- Families are the primary caregivers and educators of their young children.