offered by
related to

Having trouble paying your child support?

Get in touch with us if you are having trouble paying your child support. We may be able to help you.

Call us at 800-332-2733. (Callers in Boston, Charlestown, Chelsea, East Boston, Everett and Revere must call 617-660-1234)


Email us at

Why ask for our help?

  • Did you lose your job?
  • Does your new job pay much less than your old job?
  • Are you in the military now or a veteran?
  • Are you disabled?
  • Are you in a nursing home, rehabilitation center or mental health facility?
  • Are you receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)?
  • Do your children live with you now?
  • Are you in jail now or were in jail for more than 6 months in the past?
  • Did you have trouble paying child support because you were receiving public assistance benefits such as SSI, TANF, or state veteran’s benefits?
  • Are you trying to get back on track with your payments?

If your answer is “yes” to any of these questions or there is another reason you are having trouble paying your child support, let us know.

How can we help?

Depending on your circumstances, here are some of the things we may be able to do to help you:

  • Ask the court to change the amount of your child support order.
  • Let you get your license back if we suspended it.
  • Set up a payment agreement.  
  • Reduce or eliminate interest and penalty.
  • Let you pay less past-due child support owed to Massachusetts. (This is called an “equitable adjustment.”)

Everyone’s situation is different.  Call or email us so we can work together to find the best solution for your situation.