More about:

Learn who to notify about deleading before you start your work

Before you start handling lead, it is important that you notify your community.

After taking your final deleading quiz, you will be sent an authorization number in the mail. With this authorization number, you will receive a Deleading Notification Form. Complete this form, and return it to the Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program.

Who do I notify?

10 calender days before you begin deleading, the following people must be notified:

  • Occupants of the dwelling unit
  • All other occupants of the residential premises if any work will be done in the common areas
  • Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program (CLPPP)
  • Department of Labor Standards' Lead Program at (617) 626-6960
  • Local Board of Health/Code Enforcement Agency

Additionally, if the home is on the State Register of Historic Places, call the MA Historical Commission.

Additional Resources

Deleading invoice

When the deleading is complete, a licensed lead inspector will inspect the home for final check. The inspector will check to see that the work was done properly. The inspector will collect the filled out deleading invoice. Make sure all the information is correct on the form.

Additional Resources


Tell us what you think