Legal Personal Name or Address Change, or Request for Duplicate License

The Board is no longer accepting paper applications.

All applicants must complete an application on the Board’s ePlace Portal. 

The link below will take you to our on-line portal where you will first be required to create a portal account or log in if you already have one.  To create an account select the link “Register for an Account” and follow the instructions for setting up your account. Then you will need to link your license(s) to your account and you need a Record ID and authorization code to do so. Please contact the Board office for that information.

Once your license(s) are linked you can go to the “Manage Licenses, Permits & Certificates” tab and select “Amendment” next to the license you intend to change information for or request a duplicate license.

Important Points to be aware of before you start:

Legal name change requires uploading a copy of the court document or marriage certificate etc. and surrender of the old license to the Board office. If unable to upload the documents, mail in or fax to 617-727-1627 and attach the application ID reference number to the document.

Apply Now