Below you will find more about the role of a Veterans Service Officer (VSO).
If you are looking for your local VSO, use the Find My VSO tool.
Massachusetts Veteran Service Officers
Veterans' Service Officers are in every city and town in Massachusetts, per Massachusetts state law.
VSOs deliver essential services to eligible veterans and their dependents. Some roles of VSOs include
- Outreach services to veterans to educate on benefits and services
- Offering referrals to programs and services for veterans and their dependents
- Taking applications for state veterans' benefits including Chapter 115 financial benefits and the annuity program
- Helping veterans access employment assistance through career centers and related programs
- Coordinates veteran observances including Memorial Day and Veterans Day
To learn more about the role of a VSO per Massachusetts state law, read Chapter 115, found here.