Why worksite wellness?
In 2016, 41.7% of Massachusetts adults over age 35 had one or more of the following conditions: diabetes, heart disease, stroke, obesity and asthma (MA BRFSS, 2016). These conditions not only drive up the costs of healthcare plans, but they also cause many employees to miss work. Worksite wellness programs can help reduce chronic disease risk and lower health care costs. Other key benefits include:
- Improved employee health
- Higher employee productivity
- Improved employee morale and job satisfaction
- Reduced sick leave and absenteeism
- Reduced costs for workers’ compensation
- A nearly $6 to $1 return on investment