For more than a decade, the Air Permitting Forum has provided advice to MassDEP that has helped the agency accelerate its review of applications and simplify the process for applicants. With the group's input, MassDEP has developed:
- Revised Plan Approval regulations,
- General guidance on the air permitting process,
- Improved forms and instructions,
- Best Available Control Technology (BACT) and air quality modeling guidance, and
- "Top-Case" BACT guidelines for certain industries and equipment that can be used without the need for a project-specific analyses.
Participants include facility owners, consultants, and environmental advocates, as well as representatives of MassDEP and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
MassDEP continues to rely on input from the Air Permitting Forum to further improve its air permitting program. Forum meetings are held on an “as needed” basis.
Agenda & Meeting Materials
The next meeting of the Air Permitting Forum has not yet been scheduled.
For materials from the virtual meeting of February 22, 2021, see the Air Permitting Forum Archive.
*Please Note: Out of an abundance of caution due to the COVID-19 public health emergency, these meetings will be held via webinar only.
The Baker-Polito Administration on March 10 announced new guidance for Executive Branch employees to prevent and mitigate the spread of the disease, including cancellation or virtual hosting of conferences, seminars, and other discretionary gatherings that involve external parties.
Thank you for your cooperation and support as the Commonwealth works to address this public health issue. Learn more.