For more than a decade, the Air Permitting Forum has provided advice to MassDEP that has helped the agency accelerate its review of applications and simplify the process for applicants. With the group's input, MassDEP has developed:
- Revised Plan Approval regulations,
- General guidance on the air permitting process,
- Improved forms and instructions,
- Best Available Control Technology (BACT) and air quality modeling guidance, and
- "Top-Case" BACT guidelines for certain industries and equipment that can be used without the need for a project-specific analyses.
Participants include facility owners, consultants, and environmental advocates, as well as representatives of MassDEP and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
MassDEP continues to rely on input from the Air Permitting Forum to further improve its air permitting program. Forum meetings are held on an “as needed” basis.
Agenda & Meeting Materials
The latest meeting of the Air Permitting Forum took place:
Thursday, April 12, 2018
One Winter Street
The meeting featured a presentation on and discussion of amendments to the 310 CMR 7.00: Air Pollution Control Regulations, promulgated on March 9, 2018. See below.