The MVP Action Grant Request for Responses (RFR) has closed. Next round expected spring 2021.
The MVP Action Grant offers financial resources to municipalities that are seeking to advance priority climate adaptation actions to address climate change impacts resulting from extreme weather, sea level rise, inland and coastal flooding, severe heat, and other climate impacts.
Responses to the RFR may be submitted by municipalities who have received designation from the Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs (EEA) as a Climate Change Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness (MVP) Community (“MVP Community”). All projects are required to provide monthly updates, project deliverables, a final project report, and a brief project summary communicating lessons learned. The municipality is also required to match 25% of total project cost using cash or in-kind contributions. All proposals must include the following:
- Completed application template
- Project scope/budget
- MVP yearly progress report describing any relevant work toward advancing community priorities since earning MVP designation
- Statement of match
- Letters of support from landowner (if applicable), partners, and the public
- A "Design and Construction" attachment, if applicable
The MVP program has 9 Core Principles that should be incorporated into MVP Action Grant applications.
- Learn More About MVP Action Grant Projects
- MVP Core Principles
- MVP Webinar Recording- FY21 Funding Round
- FY21 MVP Action Grant Community Engagement Guidelines
- MVP Webinar Slides- FY21 Funding Round
- Climate Change Clearinghouse (resilientMA.org)
- MVP Action Grant Monthly Progress Report Template