Naloxone resources for municipalities, state agencies, and first responder departments

Additional naloxone resources and information.

Bulk purchasing of Naloxone for municipalities

Municipalities and state entities are able to purchase naloxone through the State Office of Pharmacy Services at the cost negotiated between the Commonwealth and a pharmaceutical wholesaler.

In order to be eligible for purchase of Naloxone through the State Office of Pharmacy Services (SOPS) a state agency or municipality will need to have an active Massachusetts Controlled Substance Registration (MCSR). 

Please review the following FAQ guidance on the SOPS Bulk Purchasing Program.

Technical assistance for first responders

All police and fire departments in need of technical assistance on naloxone program implementation are encouraged to visit: First Responder Naloxone Technical Assistance Page

The Bureau of Substance Addiction Services has awarded grants for eligible Police and Fire Departments to carry and administer naloxone. Eligibility is determined based on numbers of fatal and non-fatal overdoses per community. Eligible departments are contacted by DPH directly.

For any additional inquiries related to first responder naloxone programs, bulk purchasing of naloxone, first responder overdose prevention activities, and requests for guidance on securing medical oversight of naloxone programs, please contact Brittni Reilly by phone (617) 624-5362 or email