BSAS oversees the statewide system of prevention, intervention, treatment, and recovery support services for individuals, families, and communities affected by substance addiction.
Who we serve
We are responsible for:
- Licensing substance use disorder treatment programs and counselors
- Funding and monitoring prevention, intervention, treatment, and recovery services
- Providing access to treatment for the uninsured
- Developing and implementing substance use disorder-related policies and programs
- Tracking substance use disorder treatment trends in the state