Download the poster in color
Download the poster in black and white
Did you know... Jury Service in the Commonwealth: An Ongoing Series
Women and the Courts in Massachusetts
- The first woman allowed to vote in America was Lydia Taft of Uxbridge in 1756.
- The first woman attorney in Massachusetts was Lelia Robinson of Boston in 1882.
- The first female Assistant District Attorney (1927) and the first female judge (1930) in Massachusetts was Emma Fall Schofield of Malden.
- The first women were selected by a town to be summoned for juror service by Uxbridge in 1922.
- The first women served as jurors in Massachusetts in 1950.