The Producer Licensing Department is responsible for the licensing of insurance producers as well as other licensed entities doing business in Massachusetts. The Producer Licensing Department also oversees the appointments of such producers by insurance companies, as well as the renewals of such appointments. The Department is responsible for the issuance of Certification Letters, Clearance Letters and the issuance of duplicate or replacement licenses. In addition, the Department responds to all inquiries relating to the licensing of individuals and business entities in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
The Producer Licensing Department processes all new license applications and renewal applications associated with the following license types:
- Auto Clubs & Auto Club Agents
- Bank Insurance licenses
- Public Insurance Adjusters
- Reinsurance Intermediaries (both brokers and managers)
- Surplus Lines Brokers
- Motor Vehicle Damage Appraisers
- Portable Electronics Limited Lines Vendors
- Life Settlement Brokers
In addition, the Producer Licensing Department is responsible for
- Examination of licensing records and documents to ensure compliance with applicable Massachusetts General Laws, regulations and agency guidelines
- Maintaining the Division's licensing database (CLARIS)
- Testing and implementing enhancements to new online licensing procedures via National Insurance Producer Registry's (NIPR) licensing website.