Program Guidelines and Information
This program is an integral part of the Commonwealth’s housing continuum that provides permanent housing for persons with disabilities and are collectively referred to as Non-Elderly Disabled (NED) vouchers.
How it works:
- The NED programs provide Section 8 tenant-based vouchers to non-elderly disabled families and individuals.
- NED vouchers are issued to eligible households selected from the standard HCV waiting list.
- All conventional Section 8 HCVP program requirements apply.
Who is eligible
- At least one person in the household must be disabled.
- The disabled household member must be the head of household, co-head or spouse.
- A household where a child is the only family member with a disability is not eligible for this program.
- Applicants may apply directly to the DHCD Section 8 waiting list through any one of its regional administering agencies.
- Up to 800 NED vouchers are distributed by DHCD throughout the Commonwealth.
For further information:
- Please contact the Bureau of Federal Rental Assistance at (617) 573-1150.