Log in links for this page

offered by
related to

Special permits & other forms for commercial fishing

You need a special permit for some activities, including scientific collection and shellfish aquaculture.

Special permits

You must have a special permit for:

  • Scientific collection
  • Shellfish aquaculture and propagation
  • Contaminated shellfish harvest
  • Non-commercial harvest of lobster

See the DMF Special Permit Application for information on the types of special permits required. You must have Letter of Authorization (LOA) from DMF to harvest green crabs. Please contact Kerry Allard for a LOA or more information (617-626-1633 or kerry.allard@state.ma.us).

Additional Resources for

Endorsement notices & affidavits

Additional Resources for

Other forms

Additional Resources for