Statewide Contract FAC119 for Maintenance Repair and Operations Retail Products & Supplies, replacing FAC105, offers buyers the flexibility to walk into local retail hardware stores and purchase building, carpentry, and home improvement supplies and related materials.
Local hardware stores are invited to join FAC119 and have the opportunity to broaden their customer base to include cities and towns, public schools, and housing authorities, for example, which are eligible to use Statewide Contracts.
The FAC119 bid opportunity is posted in the state’s procurement portal, COMMBUYS. Link to the FAC119 bid document.
To be eligible to bid on this opportunity, businesses must be registered as a vendor in COMMBUYS.
Create a Business Profile in COMMBUYS Free of Charge
Many state procurement and purchasing activities take place in COMMBUYS. Set up a COMMBUYS business profile to receive solicitation notices in your areas of interest; submit quotes; and, if awarded a contract, transact business with the Commonwealth’s buyers.
COMMBUYS Resources and Activities
- Set up your business profile by registering at COMMBUYS.com.
- Find COMMBUYS vendor registration resources here.
- All businesses must select at least one United Nations Standard Products and Services Code (UNSPSC) when setting up their business profile. UNSPSCs are commodity codes that identify the goods/services your business offers and trigger email notifications when COMMBUYS bid opportunities match your business offerings. Vendors are encouraged to select any of the following UNSPSCs that align with their business and will have the opportunity to add other codes during registration:
- Hand Tools (27-11-00)
- Pneumatic Machinery and Equipment (27-13-00)
- Structural Materials (30-26-00)
- Plumbing Fixtures (30-18-00)
- Lighting Fixtures and Accessories (39-11-00)
- Electrical Equipment and Components (39-12-00)
- Metal Cutting Tools (23-24-00)
- Rope and Chain and Cable and Wire and Strap (31-15-00)
- Bearings and Bushings and Wheels and Gears (31-17-00)
- Gaskets and Seals (31-18-00)
- Paints and Primers (31-21-00)
- Reach the OSD Help Desk: Email OSDHelpDesk@mass.gov or call 888-MA-State (627-8283).