Log in links for this page
- This page, COMMBUYS Vendor Registration , is offered by
- Operational Services Division
COMMBUYS Vendor Registration
Contact for COMMBUYS Vendor Registration
OSD Help Desk
The Details of COMMBUYS Vendor Registration
What you need for COMMBUYS Vendor Registration
Before registering your business in COMMBUYS, please take note of the following information:
- Have your business’ legal name, address, email, and tax identification number readily available.
- All vendors must select at least one United Nations Standard Products and Services Code (UNSPSC) when setting up their vendor profile in COMMBUYS. UNSPSCs identify the goods/ services your business offers and vendors are notified when bid opportunities are posted in COMMBUYS that match their UNSPSC choices. Note that UNSPSCs may be updated at any time.
- The individual holding the Seller Administrator role manages the vendor’s profile in COMMBUYS. When registering, Seller Administrators may check off the Seller role to receive and respond to bidding opportunities or may designate the Seller role to other staff.
- Vendors have the opportunity to identify as a small business when registering in COMMBUYS by meeting certain qualifying criteria. The Small Business Purchasing Program (SBPP) supports the growth of the small businesses in Massachusetts by directing state spending for non-construction goods and services to SBPP-participating COMMBUYS vendors. Review the SBPP qualifications in the Related Links Section.
How to register COMMBUYS Vendor Registration
Go to www.commbuys.com and click the Register link to begin.
Next steps for COMMBUYS Vendor Registration
Find a complete description of the registration process in the COMMBUYS Vendor Registration Job Aid or Webcast.
More info for COMMBUYS Vendor Registration
COMMBUYS Vendor Registration FAQs
Q: Why am I being asked to change my password following registration?
A: Be advised that our security protocol requires you to change your password the first time you log into COMMBUYS. Going forward, you will be prompted to change your password every 60 days. Passwords must be at least eight characters in length and contain at least one number and one letter.
Q: What if I want to update my profile?
A: Seller Administrators may update their vendor profile at any time. Go to Job Aids for Vendors and select COMMBUYS Seller Administrators for guidance.
Q: May I elect to have more than one email address for bid opportunity notifications?
A: Yes, vendors may specify up to three email addresses in their registration profile so multiple individuals receive bid notifications.
Q: If I don’t apply for SBPP membership at the time of registration, may I apply at a later date?
A: Yes, get detailed instructions in the COMMBUYS Vendor Registration job aid.