Trapper Education course offerings

Mandatory in Massachusetts for PAC agents and first-time trappers in order to apply for a Massachusetts Trap Registration Certificate

The MassWildlife Hunter Education Program offers 3-5 trapper education courses each year in the spring and fall. You may need to travel a longer distance in order to attend this course. Upon successful completion, graduates receive a certification of completion, which is required to apply for a Massachusetts trap registration number.

Trapper education course schedule

Our fall 2017 trapper education courses have completed.
There are no current course offerings.

Resources for trapper education students

Those who need to complete the home assignment for a class or wish to simply review material or explore course content can access the North American Basic Trapper course online.

Additional Resources


Tell us what you think