While stocking locations and frequency may be altered slightly due to the coronavirus situation, MassWildlife will continue to stock trout this spring. Check the stocking report for daily updates throughout the spring.
Don't forget your fishing license—buy online at MassFishHunt.
Black pushpin = has been stocked
Red diamond = will be stocked this spring
How it works
If you are looking for stocking information for a particular waterbody or town, use the table. Type the name of the waterbody or town into the search window to find all stocking reports for that location. You can also use the table to sort based on an attribute including town, waterbody, stocking date, or type of fish.
Use the map to zoom and pan to different regions of the state and discover new destinations for fishing. Zoom to the area you want to explore and then click on an icon for more information on that location. Stocking locations on streams are accurate, but fish swim, so be sure to investigate other reaches of the stream as well.
If you prefer, you can get a list of all waters that will be stocked this year.
*Note: The stocking report is subject to change depending on staffing, equipment, and weather conditions.
2020 spring trout stocking stats
MassWildlife will stock approximately 500,000 brook, brown, rainbow, and tiger trout will be stocked this spring from its five hatcheries located in Sandwich, Palmer, Belchertown, Sunderland, and Montague. These fish, coupled with the more than 60,000 fish stocked last fall, will provide some excellent fishing in the coming months.
- Most of the trout will be over 12 inches
- More than 45% of the trout will be over 14 inches
- More than 48,000 brook trout will be over 12 inches
- More than 48,000 brown trout will be over 12 inches
- More than 200,000 rainbow trout will be over 14 inches
- More than 600 brown trout and 500 brook trout will be over 18 inches
- 1,000 brook trout will be over 15 inches
- More than 2,500 tiger trout will be over 14 inches