Don't forget your fishing license—buy online at MassFishHunt.
How it works
If you are looking for stocking information for a particular waterbody or town, use the table. Type the name of the waterbody or town into the search window to find all stocking reports for that location. You can also use the table to sort based on an attribute including town, waterbody, or type of fish.
Use the map to zoom and pan to different regions of the state and discover new destinations for fishing. Zoom to the area you want to explore and then click on an icon for more information on that location. Stocking locations on streams are accurate, but fish swim, so be sure to investigate other reaches of the stream as well.
If you prefer, you can get a list of all 2023 stocked waters.
*Note: The stocking report is subject to change depending on staffing, equipment, and weather conditions.
2023 spring trout stocking
MassWildlife will stock nearly 470,000 trout across Massachusetts this spring!
- Most of the trout will be over 12 inches
- More than 175,000 rainbow trout will be over 14 inches
- More than 51,000 brook trout will be over 12 inches, including 300 18”+ retired brood fish
- 50,000 brown trout will be over 12 inches, including nearly 700 18”+ retired brood fish
- More than 2,500 tiger trout will be over 14 inches