If you received an error message about your version of Adobe Reader while trying to open a court PDF, the error message you received was probably misleading. The issue isn't with your version of Adobe Reader. Most computers have Adobe Reader, but many browsers don't use it by default. To be sure you're using Adobe Reader:
- Download the form and then open it using Adobe Reader, rather than opening it within your browser.
- On many computers, you can download the file by right-clicking on the file name and selecting "Save As" or "Save Link As".
- After you download the file, open Acrobat Reader.
- Within Acrobat Reader, go to File > Open and open the file you just downloaded.
- Or, if you have Internet Explorer (IE), you can open the file from within IE.
- Finally, if Adobe Reader isn't installed on your computer, you can download it at: https://get.adobe.com/reader/.