Temporary Nursing Service Agency (Nursing Pool)

Information for temporary nursing service agencies to register with the Department of Public Health.

Any person, firm, corporation, partnership, or association that provides or procures temporary employment in health care facilities for medical personnel must register with the Department as a "nursing pool" or temporary nursing service agency. Medical personnel include, but are not limited to, nurses, nursing assistants, nurses' aides, and orderlies. Temporary nursing service agencies must follow established regulations at 105 CMR 157.000.

Help Us Improve Mass.gov  with your feedback

Please do not include personal or contact information.