- The Fusion Center provides 24 hours a day statewide information sharing among local, state and federal public safety agencies and private sector organizations in order to facilitate the collection, analysis and dissemination of intelligence relevant to terrorism and public safety.
In 2004 the Massachusetts Executive Office of Public Safety and Security developed five homeland security planning regions to receive U.S. Department of Homeland Security grant funds designated to support local governments and first responders.
Statewide Communications Interoperability Plan file size 16MB
Developed in 2007, the plan guides the Commonwealth’s statewide communications interoperability planning and implementation efforts that support the work of first responders and public safety officials. The plan closely follows the template provided by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s SAFECOM Program. This plan will be updated during 2012.
- The term "Hazard Mitigation" describes actions that can help reduce or eliminate long-term risks caused by natural hazards, or disasters.
- Plans and training necessary to prepare your family, business and community for a variety of disasters or emergencies.
- Putting plans & training into action in response to a variety of disasters or emergencies.
- Short-term and long-term steps necessary to 'make things whole again', following a disaster or emergency. Possible steps to minimize the impact of reoccurring disasters.
- Important contacts and key information necessary to insure the safety and security of the Commonwealth.