MDPH Circular Letter - DHCQ 14-11-622, November 28, 2014
Health Care Responses to Domestic and Sexual Violence and Collaborations with Community-based Sexual and Domestic Violence Organizations.
Massachusetts Sexual and Domestic Violence Programs
See website of Jane Doe Inc.: MA Coalition Against Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence, and Search Programs Directory, enter zip code or city.
In emergency situations, call 911
- Safelink, 24-hour multilingual domestic violence hotline (877) 785-2020 TTY: (877) 521-2601
- Linea directa para sobrevivientes de abuso sexual, 24-hour Spanish hotline: (800) 223-5001
- For deaf or hard-of-hearing individuals, TTY: (800) 688-4889
Circular DHCQ 14-11-622, Recommendation #1 Partnerships
Circular DHCQ 14-11-622, Recommendation #2 Trauma-Informed APPROACHES
Circular DHCQ 14-11-622, Recommendation #2 BEST PRACTICES Responding to Domestic and Sexual Violence
Additional Resources and Information
- American Medical Association Code of Ethics: Physicians’ Obligations in Preventing, Identifying, and Treating Violence and Abuse
- Committee on Preventive Services for Women, Institute of Medicine, Clinical Preventive Services for Women: Closing the Gaps. July 2011.
- Conference on Boston Teaching Hospitals, Domestic Violence Council. Note: Best Practices in Domestic Violence Manual and materials from the summit Keeping Survivors at the Center: How Health Reform will Impact Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Response Systems in Massachusetts.
- The Joint Commission on the Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, The Joint Commission, Accreditation Program: Hospital, Standard PC 01.02.09, p.199.
- MedLine Plus, detailed information about domestic violence and sexual assault. A service of the U.S. National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health
- National Center on Domestic Violence, Trauma & Mental Health
- National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey data for Massachusetts.
- USDHHS, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation, ASPE Policy Brief, Screening for Domestic Violence in Health Care Settings. August 2013.
- U.S. Preventive Services Task Force, Intimate Partner Violence, Elder Abuse, and Abuse of Vulnerable Adults: Screening, October 23, 2018.
MA Department of Public Health Contact
Beth Nagy, Division of Violence and Injury Prevention
Bureau of Community Health and Prevention
250 Washington St.
Boston, MA 02108