- Posted: January 7, 2020 12:42 p.m.
- Last Updated: August 6, 2020 5:07 p.m.
Public Meeting Notice August Board of Trustees Meeting
Overview of August Board of Trustees Meeting
Board of Trustees Monthly Meeting
Conference Call Telephone Number for use during the Open Session:
Access Code: 616 663 800
A. OPEN SESSION
1. Call to Order
2. Pledge of Allegiance
3. Public Comment
[Any person wishing to speak shall notify the Chair of their request at least 24 hours prior to the meeting by email at Kevin.Jourdain@verizon.net to seek permission. Permission if granted by the Chair is to allow the approved speaker a statement not to exceed 3 minutes. Permission may be revoked at the Chair’s discretion at any time.]
4. Approval of Minutes for Board of Trustees meeting of July 14, 2020
5. CFO Report
6. Report from the State & Administrator
7. Old Business:
- Trustee Account Audit Update from Powers & Sullivan and the Chair. Report from State and CFO on completion of all requirements of outside auditor.
- Meeting the Capital & Infrastructure Needs of the Soldiers’ Home in Holyoke. A capital planning update from EOHHS and DVS. Possible Motions from Board to follow this discussion.
- Follow-up on Board Rules adopted on July 14 relative to recommendations from Attorney Pearlstein Report
- Discussion of Recommendation of SHH Legal Counsel to review past Executive Session Minutes for possible release under Section 22 (g)(1) of the open meeting law that requires that a public body, or its chairman, or its designee periodically review past executive session minutes to determine if they can be made public.
8. New Business:
- Announcement of Date & Time of Bennett Walsh Meeting.
- Board discussion, recommendations and motions relative to proposed changes to statutes related to the Board of Trustees
- Confirmation of the appointment of Dr Thomas Higgins as new Medical Director of Holyoke Soldiers Home. Dr Dar to remain as a medical consultant to the Holyoke Soldiers Home.
B. EXECUTIVE SESSION
9. Pursuant to MGL c. 30A, §21(a)(7) and MGL. c. 30A §22(g)(2), to review past executive session minutes to determine whether public release is appropriate.
C. EXECUTIVE SESSION
10. Pursuant to MGL c. 30A, §21(a)(3), to discuss strategy with respect to litigation because an open meeting may have a detrimental effect on the litigating position of the Board (Walsh v. Board of Trustees for the Holyoke Soldiers’ Home)
The open session will not reconvene at the conclusion of the executive session.