MCB Statutory Advisory Board (SAB) Meeting - Virtual
Overview of MCB Statutory Advisory Board (SAB) Meeting - Virtual
Massachusetts Commission for the Blind
Statutory Advisory Board (SAB) Meeting
Friday, June 18, 2021
12:00 to 2:00 pm ET
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 982 2600 4558
This meeting is being recorded.
If you would like to request an ADA accommodation, please contact MCB ADA Coordinator Kamilia Drogosz at 617-279-3332 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Every effort will be made to provide a reasonable accommodation.
- Chair Opening
- Vote to accept the May 14th, 2021 Minutes
- Welcome to any members of the public attending the meeting and request that they raise questions or comments.
- Request that MCB record SAB meetings and make recordings available to the public and that procedure be agreed upon where by consumers may record the meetings.
- Comments by representatives of SEIU Local 509 (10 minutes)
- Status of request to the Commissioner that the SAB be provided with quarterly financials on an ongoing basis (in a format convenient to MCB) and that the CFO be available for a short amount of time to answer budget-related questions.
- Commissioner Budget Update
- Year-to-date MCB financial statements.
- Estimates-Spending in all accounts- balance of FY21 and reversions, if any.
- Status of Senate Amendment #432 that would restore $850,000 to MCB budget.
- Comments by Joe Abely and other SAB members regarding the budget
- Update by Commissioner with particular focus on concern regarding next year’s budget and the impact of expected increased demand for MCB services.
- Brief update from May meeting on:
- Comprehensive State Needs Assessment
- Feasibility Study to Evaluate Establishment of a For-Profit Business Employing the Blind.
- Feasibility of Blind Business Enterprises on eBay or Amazon
- Comments by the Commissioner and others regarding the best way to inform consumers of community news and other current developments. Progress in listing MCB events on Newsline.
- Brief update from May meeting on “Dashboards” for tracking MCB performance.
- Brief update from May meeting on strategic plan to track performance of employees and delivery of services.
- AIM Library update with focus on Kim Charlson’s concern
- Request that Commissioner provide Friday dates in September when he would be available at noon for SAB meeting.
- Other business
- The next SAB Meeting will be held at noon on July 30th.