- Posted: September 19, 2019 10:37 a.m.
- Last Updated: December 19, 2019 9:44 a.m.
- This page, Medical Services Committee Meeting, is offered by
- Bureau of Health Care Safety and Quality
Public Meeting Notice Medical Services Committee Meeting
Overview of Medical Services Committee Meeting
The Medical Services Committee advises the Emergency Medical Care Advisory Board (EMCAB) and the Department of Public Health (DPH) on the clinical issues in EMS.
- Acceptance of Minutes: Friday September 13, 2019 meeting
- OEMS Update
- Effect of added pain meds on opioid use
- Old Business
- Termination-of-resuscitation editing update.
- Seizure vs. eclampsia standing orders vs MC option. Discussion and vote.
- New Business
- Hypertonic saline for pediatric head injury (EMSC). Discussion and vote.
- BLS transmission of ECGs? (Dr. Beltran). Discussion and vote.
- New protocol: Sedation after intubation cf MAI. (Dr. Old) Discussion and vote.
- Add fever to 2.13 as indication for rx? (Dr. Walker) Discussion and vote.
- Use of monitors in determining death? (Dr. Walter). Discussion and vote.
- 100% QA for critical procedures (which?)? Discussion and vote.
- Hemodialysis disconnect procedure. Discussion and vote.
Next Meeting: December 13, 2019; location TBD likely MEMA.