- Posted: September 4, 2020 1:27 p.m.
- Last Updated: January 6, 2021 11:49 a.m.
Public Meeting Notice RTA Council Meeting 9/22/20
Overview of RTA Council Meeting 9/22/20
After registering, attendees will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar, including call-in options.
This meeting is accessible to people with disabilities. MassDOT provides reasonable accommodations and/or language assistance free of charge upon request (e.g. interpreters in American Sign Language and languages other than English, live captioning, videos, assistive listening devices and alternate material formats), as available. For accommodation or language assistance, please contact MassDOT's Chief Diversity & Civil Rights Officer by phone at (857) 368-8580, TTD/TTY at (857) 266-0603, fax (857) 368-0602 or by email to MASSDOT.CivilRights@dot.state.ma.us. Requests should be made as soon as possible prior to the meeting, and for more difficult to arrange services including sign-language, CART or language translation or interpretation, requests should be made at least ten business days before the meeting.
In order to protect the health and safety of the public and the employees of MassDOT and the RTAs during this public health emergency, public comment will only be taken in writing. All comments received will be shared with the RTA Council members, respectively. Email comments to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail comments to:
MassDOT Rail & Transit Division:
C/O Elizabeth McCarthy
10 Park Plaza; Suite 4160
Boston, MA 02116
Item 1 – Follow-up from May RTA Council meeting
Item 2 – Service Planning Discussion
- Panel discussion of area expertise speakers on service planning:
- Scott Bogren, Community Transportation Association of America (CTAA)
- Monica Tibbits-Nutt, 128 Business Council
- Kathryne Benesh, Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA)
- Panel discussion on electric bus deployment in Massachusetts:
- Erik Stoothoff, MBTA
- Angie Gompert, Martha's Vineyard Transit Authority (VTA)
- Sandra Sheehan, Pioneer Valley Transit Authority (PVTA)
- Dennis Lipka, Worcester Regional Transit Authority (WRTA)
Item 3 – Funding Update
- Discussion of federal funding
- Speaker: Homer Carlisle, U.S. Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs
- Discussion of RTA CARES Act spending – status update
Item 4 – Public Comment Period