- Posted: March 15, 2019 4:09 p.m.
- Last Updated: October 13, 2021 12:06 p.m.
Public Meeting Notice Task Force on Regional Transit Authority Performance and Funding – Public Meeting #1 (WRTA)
Overview of Task Force on Regional Transit Authority Performance and Funding – Public Meeting #1 (WRTA)
This is the first in a series of public meetings for the Task Force on Regional Transit Authority Performance and Funding. Each meeting will present the findings and recommendations of the Task Force, which has been working since October of last year to:
- evaluate how regional transit authorities can best provide and improve transit services that meet identified community needs
- conduct regular service planning, recognizing the diverse service populations and makeup of different geographic regions, that maximizes ridership using available resources
- ensure that fares, local contributions and other own-source revenues cover an appropriate share of service costs
The public is invited to attend any or all of these public meetings and to offer comments on the draft report. Written comments can also be submitted by email to Elizabeth.McCarthy@dot.state.ma.us until 5:00PM on Friday, March 29th, 2019.
The Worcester Public Library is serviced by seven WRTA routes (Routes 6, 7, 19, 25, 27, 33, and 40) that depart from the WRTA Hub next to Union Station. Union Station itself is serviced by Greyhound and Peter Pan intercity buses, as well as Amtrak and the MBTA Commuter Rail.
Limited parking is available in the McGrath parking lot behind the library. There is ample parking available at the Union Station Parking Garage.
- Item 1 – Presentation of Draft Task Force Public Review Document
- Item 2 – Task Force Member Comment Period
- Item 3 – Public Comment Period