- Posted: March 15, 2019 4:23 p.m.
- Last Updated: May 10, 2019 12:14 p.m.
Public Meeting Notice Task Force on Regional Transit Authority Performance and Funding – Public Meeting #2 (CCRTA)
Overview of Task Force on Regional Transit Authority Performance and Funding – Public Meeting #2 (CCRTA)
This is the second in a series of public meetings for the Task Force on Regional Transit Authority Performance and Funding. Each meeting will present the findings and recommendations of the Task Force, which has been working since October of last year to:
- evaluate how regional transit authorities can best provide and improve transit services that meet identified community needs
- conduct regular service planning, recognizing the diverse service populations and makeup of different geographic regions, that maximizes ridership using available resources
- ensure that fares, local contributions and other own-source revenues cover an appropriate share of service costs
The public is invited to attend any or all of these public meetings and to offer comments on the draft report. Written comments can also be submitted by email to Elizabeth.McCarthy@dot.state.ma.us until 5:00 PM on Friday, March 29th, 2019.
The HTC is the terminus for 6 of CCRTA’s fixed route bus lines (SeaLine, Sandwich Line, H2O, Barnstable Villager, Hyannis Loop East, & Hyannis Loop West). CCRTA provides a daily general public demand response service called Dial-A-Ride Transportation (DART) that is an accessible door-to-door, shared-ride, by appointment transportation. DART may be scheduled by calling the Operations Center Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. at least the day before the trip is needed at (508) 385-1430 or (800) 352-7155 or TTY (508) 385-4163. Peter Pan and Plymouth & Brockton intercity buses both serve the HTC from Boston, Logan Airport, the South Shore and Provincetown. The HTC is 2 blocks north of Steamship Authority and Hy-Line ferries from Nantucket Island. Riders from Martha’s Vineyard can take the Steamship Authority ferry to Woods Hole and transfer to the CCRTA SeaLine for access to the HTC.
Please note: The HTC grounds are currently undergoing significant construction activity. During this time, FREE Parking is available in CCRTA’s Long Term (East) Lot. Please follow the painted walkway to the HTC. Bicyclists may avail themselves of CCRTA’s new state of the art bike racks located along all three publically accessible sides of the HTC, as well as two bike fix-it stations.
- Item 1 – Presentation of Draft Task Force Public Review Document
- Item 2 – Task Force Member Comment Period
- Item 3 – Public Comment Period