Task Force on Regional Transit Authority Performance and Funding – Public Meeting #3 (PVTA)
Overview of Task Force on Regional Transit Authority Performance and Funding – Public Meeting #3 (PVTA)
This is the third in a series of public meetings for the Task Force on Regional Transit Authority Performance and Funding. Each meeting will present the findings and recommendations of the Task Force, which has been working since October of last year to:
- evaluate how regional transit authorities can best provide and improve transit services that meet identified community needs
- conduct regular service planning, recognizing the diverse service populations and makeup of different geographic regions, that maximizes ridership using available resources
- ensure that fares, local contributions and other own-source revenues cover an appropriate share of service costs
The public is invited to attend any or all of these public meetings and to offer comments on the draft report. Written comments can also be submitted by email to Elizabeth.McCarthy@dot.state.ma.us until 5:00PM on Friday, March 29th, 2019.
UMass Amherst is accessible by several local bus routes via PVTA fixed route and demand response service. Haigis Mall is the main bus stop on the university campus and is within walking distance of the Campus Center. For more information concerning transportation options in the PVTA region, please refer to the trip planner found on the PVTA website under the "Getting Around" tab or call (413) 781-PVTA.
Parking is available in the metered lots across from the Haigis Mall or in the UMass Parking Garage. Parking tickets can be paid for at the garage machines near the Campus Center entrance, then used to exit the parking garage. For more detailed information, please refer to the UMass Amherst Campus Map or the Transportation Services Map.
- Item 1 – Presentation of Draft Task Force Public Review Document
- Item 2 – Task Force Member Comment Period
- Item 3 – Public Comment Period