In order to be eligible, farmstands must meet the following criteria:
- Farmstands must be in a permanent location, or an on-farm structure, specifically designated for the sale of owner-grown agricultural products. Mobile markets will be authorized on a case-by-case basis. Contact Rebecca.Davidson@Mass.gov to seek authorization.
- The farmstand must sell a variety of FMNP eligible fruits, vegetables, and edible cut herbs.
- The farmstand should be reasonably accessible to the public, and should be open during regularly scheduled hours/days of the week. Seasonal openings and closings should be posted in a visible area for the public to see.
- The farmstand must have an FMNP trained seller present during farmstand hours. Self-service farmstands are ineligible from participating in the Program.
- Farmer must agree to operate within the requirements of the FMNP agreement.
- An individual who exclusively sells produce grown by someone else, such as a wholesale distributor, cannot be authorized to participate in the FMNP.