Related to:

What would you like to do?

Showing results

Apply for a provisional license 

Looking to get your provisional genetic counselor license? Apply here. This page doesn't cover full genetic counselor license applications.

Apply for a full license 

Looking to get your full genetic counselor license? Apply here. This page doesn't cover provisional genetic counselor license applications.

Renew your license 

Fully licensed genetic counselors can renew their licenses here. Online renewal is fast, easy, and secure, and your license is renewed in real time. You may also request to renew by mail.

Check a health profession license 

You can check the status of a health profession license, permit, certification, or Massachusetts Controlled Substances Registration (MCSR) online.

Request an address change, name change, or duplicate license 

If you are a licensed genetic counselor, you can use these steps to request a name change, address change, and/or a duplicate license.

Report a change of supervising genetic counselor or physician 

Are you replacing or terminating your current supervising genetic counselor or physician? You should report it to the Board within 15 days. Get the form here.

Petition for retired status 

Genetic counselors can petition the Board to request their licenses be placed on retired status. A retired status is a non-disciplinary status.

Request a Certified Statement of Licensure from a Health Profession Board of Registration 

You may need a certified statement of licensure from one of the health profession Boards of Registration to obtain licensure in another state.