Related to:

What would you like to do?

Showing results

Getting Married in Massachusetts: Before the Wedding 

If you’re planning your dream wedding in the Bay State, congratulations!

Whatever your theme or guest list — should you invite Aunt Edna or your second cousin Joe? — there are a few things you’ll need to do before the big day to make sure your ceremony is official.

Getting Married in Massachusetts: After the Wedding 

Congratulations, you tied the knot! You’re probably ready to kick back and enjoy your newlywed bliss, but don't forget there's still some paperwork to take care of.

Order a birth, marriage, or death certificate 

Need a copy of a vital record? Order copies of certified records for a fee. If we can’t find your record, we’ll send you a Negative Statement. Please note you can’t browse vital records online.

Establish a delayed record of marriage 

If you were married in Massachusetts over 365 days ago, you can still register your marriage with the state.

File to change your name as an adult 

You can file for a name change in Massachusetts if you are 18 years or older and want to legally change your name.

Change information on your driver's license or ID card 

If you are looking to change information on your driver's license, Mass ID, or Liquor ID you will need to notify the RMV.

Apply to become a Justice of the Peace 

A Justice of the Peace is a judicial officer appointed by the Governor with the advice and consent of the Executive Council.