The Community One Stop for Growth is a single application portal and collaborative review process of grant programs that make targeted investments based on a Development Continuum.
- This page, Community One Stop for Growth, is offered by
- Office of Governor Charlie Baker and Lt. Governor Karyn Polito
- Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development
Community One Stop for Growth
Table of Contents
About the One Stop
The Community One Stop for Growth is a single application portal and collaborative review process of community development grant programs that make targeted investments based on a Development Continuum. This process streamlines the experience for the applicant and better coordinates economic development programs and staff on engagement and grant making. It also reorients the State from a passive reviewer of funding requests to an active partner in economic development strategy, priorities, and investment.
The One Stop benefits communities in the following ways, as they pursue state funding to realize their housing and economic development goals:
- Ability to be considered for more than one grant program simultaneously, saving time on research and applications to different agencies and programs.
- Guidance and State partnerships, allowing applicants to receive key feedback before completing a full application, and allowing the State to holistically and directly engage with local leadership.
- Direct referrals to additional programs that applicants otherwise may not realize could support their priorities.
- Removal of redundant legacy program processes and questions to streamline the application experience
- A broader view of community priorities, allowing the state to understand community vision beyond four corners of a single, discrete application.
- Collaborative review, allowing for State funding coordination and enhanced State awareness and support for community development goals.
For the FY 2023 Round, twelve (12) programs will be administered through the Community One Stop for Growth - one application door to access programs offered by the Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development, Department of Housing and Community Development, and MassDevelopment.
Executive Office of Housing and Economic Development
Department of Housing and Community Development
- Housing Choice Community Grants
- Massachusetts Downtown Initiative
- Community Planning Grants
- Rural Development Fund
- Site Readiness
- Underutilized Properties
- Collaborative Workspace Program (New to the One Stop)
- Real Estate Services (New to the One Stop)
- Commonwealth Places (New to the One Stop)
The Community One Stop for Growth represents a major shift in how the State and its partner agencies do business, not in the way you do business. We are inviting you to apply for multiple funding sources through a single portal on a single timeline, so that we can better understand and support your economic development goals and vision for your community.
Key Dates for the FY23 Round of the Community One Stop for Growth
The One Stop is an opportunity for the state’s economic development agencies to work with communities to define their objectives, submit applications and obtain funding for projects following a collaborative process:
- Step 1: Virtual Sessions
- Step 2: Expressions of Interest & Guidance (Optional)
- Step 3: One Stop Full Application(s)
- Step 4: Review & Evaluation
- Step 5: Notification of Award
By participating in this process and submitting an Expression of Interest and/or a Full Application, a project will be automatically referred to all relevant grant programs, particularly those under EOHED, DHCD, and MassDevelopment. If this process identifies additional needs that align with other programs not listed above, further coordination and referrals may be made, on a case-by-case basis.
Expressions of Interest Open December 15, 2021
Expression of Interest submissions were accepted through March 18, 2022
Full Application Open
January 21, 2022
- Webinar 1: One Stop Overview Webinar – Tuesday, February 1, 10:00 AM
- Webinar 2: One Stop Application Guidance Webinar – Thursday, February 3, 10:00 AM
- Webinar 3: Technology Webinar – Recording to be posted on Tuesday, February 8
Full Application Submissions Open
May 2, 2022
Full Application Close
June 3, 2022
- Review & Evaluation
Notification of Award
Virtual Sessions (webinars)
Three webinars will be made available to applicants prior to submitting any application materials, covering an overview of the Community One Stop for Growth, reframing a grant application for the One Stop, and using the Agate technology platform:
- Webinar 1: One Stop Overview Webinar
- Webinar 2: One Stop Application Guidance Webinar
- Webinar 3: Technology Webinar
Submit an Expression of Interest
The Expression of Interest is a simple form that allows an applicant to seek guidance from EOHED and partner agencies. The Expression of Interest is optional but highly encouraged. It is recommended that all applicants watch all three webinars before submitting a One Stop Expression of Interest.
Each organization may submit one (1) Expression of Interest form for the FY23 Round. The Expression of Interest period opened December 15, 2021 and closed on March 18, 2022. The Expression of Interest had to be submitted via the IGX system.
Once the Expression of Interest is submitted, staff at all partner agencies will review the submissions and provide guidance and insight to strengthen applications. Applicants may also be referred to other available programs that are not fully integrated into the One Stop application. All applicants are encouraged to submit an Expression of Interest early in the process to allow for the maximum amount of time for feedback.
Applicants may also request a meeting to review their priority projects with EOHED.
Submit a Full Application
Applicants may submit multiple projects for consideration but must submit one application per project. The number of project applications submitted is not limited, but it is recommended that communities prioritize their requests. The Full Application opened on January 21, 2022 for applicants to begin working on their applications. Applicants will be able to submit their application beginning May 2, 2022. The final deadline is June 3, 2022. The final submission deadline is June 3, 2022.