One Stop Overview
The Community One Stop for Growth is a single application portal and collaborative review process of community development grant programs that make targeted investments based on a Development Continuum. This process streamlines the experience for the applicant and better coordinates economic development programs and staff on engagement and grant making. It also reorients the State from a passive reviewer of funding requests to an active partner in economic development strategy, priorities, and investment.
The One Stop benefits communities in the following ways, as they pursue state funding to realize their housing and economic development goals:
- Ability to be considered by more than one grant program simultaneously, saving time on research and applications to different agencies and programs.
- Guidance and State partnerships, allowing applicants to receive key feedback before dedicating valuable staff time completing a full application, and allowing the State to holistically and directly engage with local leadership.
- Direct referrals to additional programs that applicants otherwise may not realize could support their priorities.
- Removal of redundant legacy program processes and questions to streamline the application experience
- A broader view of community priorities, allowing the state to understand community vision beyond four corners of a single, discrete application.
- Collaborative review, allowing for State funding coordination and enhanced State awareness and support for community development goals.
For more information, please review the FY25 Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA)