A Guide to the qualifications required to become certified as a Domestic Violence instructional trainer. The Certified Domestic Violence Instructor must renew their certification before their anniversary date every three years.
Domestic Violence Resources
In this section, instructor certification training schedules and resources related to Domestic Violence.
Additional Resources for Domestic Violence Resources
Level II Domestic Violence Instructor
- Entry Level (MPTC) - Assists Level III (Lead Instructor) - May assist lead instructor at any MPTC environment (Basic Recruit, Reserve Intermittent, In-service).
- The Domestic Violence Advocate should have at least five (5) years recent experience working with or supervising those working with victims of domestic violence and fulfills the trainer qualifications outlined by the MPTC.
Level 3 Domestic Violence Instructor
- Lead Instructor (MPTC): Instruct as a Lead Instructor at any MPTC environment (Basic Recruit, Reserve Intermittent, In-Service).
- The Law Enforcement Instructor should have at least five (5) years recent experience responding to domestic violence calls, either as a patrol officer or supervisor, and fulfills the trainer qualifications outlined by the Municipal Police Training Committee.
- In the case of retired officers, it is recommended they be a domestic violence subject matter expert who has stayed current in the field and fulfills the trainer qualifications outlined by the Municipal Police Training Committee.
Level I Domestic Violence Instructor
There is no Level I Domestic Violence Instructor
Image credits: Shutter Stock